Search

Sunday, June 28, 2020

Orient Wingman ER2D001B on a new Dark Burgundy(?) Leather Strap

Continuing with my extremely poor potato phone cam photos. Yeah, I should go back to macro photography.. but the laziness!

  My Orient Wingman ER2D001B on a new leather strap - very dark, almost deep dark burgundy even. It's almost as if it's returned to its original style, with the leather strap and white stitching, but instead of black leather. I'm just experimenting with straps at this point, but ultimately I think this should go with a leather Nato / Zulu style strap due to its military looks instead. It would also be much easier to swap out.

  Before anyone points out that I got the strap the 'wrong way around', yes that is intentional. Because why not. I just want to change things up a bit, and it's not like anyone else is ever gonna notice it when it's on my wrist. :)

  The this PVD Wingman is one of my favorites - there is so much great about it. It's large, making it very 'aviator'ish looking, it also has this miltary look about it. Even though the lume isn't the best, it's still extremely legible in the dark due to the size of the arabic markers on its black dial. In fact, legibility is its strength - you can tell the time on this watch from space! (Well OK, a good 20-25 feet away - if you have good eyesight in good conditions). At least, no other watch in my collection is this legible. You simply cannot do this with any other watch that isn't made to this style, even considering its below average lume for low light - imagine if they put good lume on it like on the Flight. See my review comparing it to the Flight and Ray Raven.

  The watch is also very affordable, it's great for the person who is looking at his first military/aviator big dial automatic that isn't going to break the bank. It would be awesome if it has hand-winding, but I am nitpicking at this point. I hope Orient updates it to the handwinding movements just like they did with the Ray, Bambinos, and the rest of the lineup. This watch tends to get sidelined in favor of Orient's other models like the Bambino or Ray or Flight, but I think this is one of the best deals from Orient if you are into military/aviator styled watches and don't worry about a 50m water rating or below lume (which is offset by how large the numerals are on the dial in the dark anyway).

If you can find it that is, I think they have discontinued this model (I'm not sure - don't quote me on that!)

  You can buy your own similar leather strap here. Or here. Or here.

No comments:

Post a Comment