Search

Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Unique Watch: Swatch Irony

This is a unique one. The Swatch Irony.

 

This watch belongs to my friend as well. He got it from a trip to Switzerland.

A very big & heavy watch, this 4 jewel sealed caseback chronograph Swatch Irony is unique. How unique? Well, the case is sealed. It is big, and heavy, and the crystal is domed. And the patented design for a water-resist turn-to-open swap battery opening works quite well. How water-resist? It doesn't say. I suspect , based on how it looks, at most just 3ATM, for normal accidental splashing and so on.

Even though it is large heavy, when I wear it, it feels quite comfortable due to the sealed case and the smooth surface.The leather strap is the quick-release type, and is thick and feels quite nice. I did not try the chronograph.

This is one of the more unique watches I have seen, so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment