Search

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Nearly ruining another watch

So something I don't understand. I took apart a cheap quartz watch easily and did some cleaning and took apart the dial and removed the logo. Then I put it back together again. Of course, something came loose, so I took it apart again to fix it.

Except, this time no matter what I try, for a good hour or so, I was not even able to take out the crown stem, which I was able to do easily earlier. I gave up.

UPDATE: Pictures & more info.


So the story goes like this. One of the dial lumes came loose and I wanted to fix it, but then I can no longer take it apart, to a point where I am almost ruining the inside of the watch. I simply can't understand why I took the crown stem apart on the first try easily to take out the movement, and then on the second try I can't. Eventually all that shaking knocking and pulling made more of the dial lumes come loose, and I ended up with a watch that looks like the above, which I STILL can't take apart.

Wow, that was frustrating. What a mystery. Thinking that I may have remembered the wrong things to depress to get the crown stem out, I began pressing all sorts of combinations on the movement and I may have destroyed some of the plastic parts within. But of course it still won't come out, so I think I might have broken something on the first try.

Time to visit my watch guy again. sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment