Search

Wednesday, January 31, 2018

Bad 2017

So it's been a while.

Where to start... well, in 2017 I only had 3 posts, and the reason is, well it's an awful, awful year. Now in Jan 2018, Fingers crossed things things will look better (but doesn't seem like it.)

So what's been happening? Well in terms of watches..... nothing.  Because things were pretty bad right now (and to some extent, still is).  So in the watch-blogosphere... there will probably be no new watch purchases from me, though I might post some other watches from friends if they get new ones and I got a look, but otherwise.. the reality hits hard that when it comes to priority spending, watches are pretty far down the list as much as I would like to say that it's at the top but like everyone else I have bills to pay and keep a roof over my head... those take priority.

The watch shops got the worse end of the deal, I see some closing or simply disappearing. The younger people are into smartwatches, plus they purchase their swag online, while those us mechanical fans find themselves in a situation unlike mine. My fav shop is still around though, but in all seriousness I worry for the guy. I still have my job, but that's his way of living.

No comments:

Post a Comment