Search

Friday, September 19, 2014

My Thoughts on the Apple Watch




So Apple finally debut a smartwatch... and I am blown away by the simplicity design, which is classic Apple.

Take the straps and bracelet for example, they are so simply designed and yet easy to change out or resize....  I was adjusting the bracelet on the watches a while back and it was a pain in the fingers, literally, to do so. And that you required tools and a hammer.... while Apple made something that you just a press and clip, with no tools. Bravo!

The computer for the Apple Watch is also amazing, being "computer on a chip" and I am wondering if that module can be upgraded for the future.. honestly speaking, I haven't even look into the software part of the Apple Watch I'm sure it can do so much more, but I am amazed by the straps alone here, and the health monitoring parts are really interesting too, something my doctor probably telling me I need.

Casio and other smartwatch companies should take notice..

Will I buy it? Nah... not now at least... take a look at the title of this blog... poor man's watch blog.... it's a bit expensive enough alone and considering I don't have iPhone to pair it with, so the short answer is no. But it is sometime I would like to own.

Also: the battery life is what make or break this... I wonder if they are solar, just not announced?

My favorite combo is this one, look how the deployment buckle fit seamlessly! :


No comments:

Post a Comment