Search

Friday, December 20, 2013

Old Cognac Frapin Wrist Watch With a Nice Leather Strap

Truly sorry about the iPad pictures, I don't have my usual camera with me when I took this.

No markings on the caseback. But strap says "Genuine Leather" though. Which is thoroughly broken in.

 Found this old "Cognac Frapin" quartz wrist watch that has a very nice brown genuine leather strap. If I give the strap a good clean it should be usable for many more years. It is a 18mm wide strap. It has hardened a bit over time, but developed a nice broken-in weathered leather look.

 The watch itself? Well, the roman numerals are nice, and the dial design is not bad as well, but the I have a good reason to think that the battery has probably leaked and destroyed its internals, although I have not opened it up yet. The diameter of the case is (I did not measure) probably about 36mm.

"Cognac Frapin" is a Cognac producer, so I am guessing this is a souvenir watch from that company. Very nice watch, for a souvenir - especially that strap..

2 comments:

  1. I found this exact watch at a thrift store...can not find any information about it at all except this blog...I was wondering what the estimated value of the watch is

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe this is a novelty / souvenir gift watch as part of the liquor purchase, so probably not worth too much. It is also quartz.

    ReplyDelete