Search

Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Citizen Newmaster Automatic




This is a Citizen Newmaster Automatic 21 Jewel. It's fairly beat up, since the crystal is dome shaped and goes way beyond the bezel, and I believe this watch is AT LEAST 20-25 years old. It runs immediately the moment I picked it up. If anyone can help me date when it is manufactured or what years this particular model runs through before discontinuation, would be great.

I'm not sure, but it seems like that the bracelet is not original, since it is made of pretty cheap stuff - not whole pieces of metal but folded metal, but the whole watch is VERY lightweight. The date is at the 3 o'clock position. Quite a small watch by today's standards, something like less than 40mm (I didn't check).

The watch still works, it ticks right away with the slightest movement. Awesome. I think it needs to be serviced, cleaned up & polished, given a quality leather strap and it should run just fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment